Body-oriented or body-centered psychotherapy is a field of psychology that affirms the inseparability of mind, body, and spirit. Somatic psychology (SP) modalities explores how the conscious and unconscious mind is revealed in relational styles, thoughts, and dreams, posture, gestures, injuries, and movement.
- United States Association for Body Psychotherapy. The USAPB website includes valuable free publications, articles, and professional resource guide in the US.
- European Association for Body Psychotherapy. The EAPB website includes valuable free publications, articles, and professional resource guide for Europe.
- The Three Fold Way. 3FW is a relationally based SP modality that is not married to any specific discipline, technique, or outcome-based strategies, but rather supports the full unfolding of our human potential.
Pre- and Perinatal Psychology:
Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology (PPN) deals with identifying and healing the psychological traumas of modern birth which can present at any age and helping prevent these traumas from occurring during gestation and birth.
- Association of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health. The APPPAH website includes valuable free publication list, articles, and professional resource guide.
- Castellino Training Seminars and Publications. Castellino has information for people of all ages to resolve and repattern prenatal and birth trauma imprinting.
- What Babies Want (2004). A documentary available on DVD featuring leading PPN experts and includes captivating family stories and videos.
- Alliance for Transforming the Lives of Children. aTLC is dedicated to supporting parents, caregivers, professionals, and policymakers in practicing the art and science of nurturing children.
- Peaceful Parenting: org shares research based information on all aspects of babies’ and children’s health, development and wellbeing.
Energy psychology (EP) is a mind-body approach to understanding and improving human functioning by focusing on the relationship between bioenergy systems, neuro and electro physiological processes, and mental functions involving thoughts, emotions, sensations, and behavior to heal trauma issues.
- Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology. The ACEP website includes valuable free publication list, articles, and professional resource guide.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques. Sometimes call “needleless acupuncture,” stimulates certain meridian points on the body by tapping on them with our fingertips to reduce traumatic emotional symptoms.
- Thought Field Therapy. TFT is a technique for stimulating the body’s energy meridians to resolve problems with the body’s emotional control system.
- Tapas Acupressure Technique. TAT focuses the user on a series of statements to free the parts of you that are stuck in a trauma, negative belief, or physical disease while holding acupressure points that connect all physical, mental, emotional and spiritual parts of them.
- Eden Energy Medicine EEM awakens energies that bring resilience, joy, and enthusiasm to your life – and greater vitality to your body, mind, and spirit!
- Carolyn Kutsko, PhD – South Nashville area. Heart centered, holistic counseling that offers practical support for your integrated mind and body system–your emotional and physical well-being.
- Acinta Monteverde MA, MFT – Heart centered therapy in the North Houston area.
- University of Santa Monica. USM offers a curriculum in Spiritual Psychology that is designed to provide students with practical information, tools, and experience for transforming their consciousness and transforming